fam

fam

Sunday 19 January 2014

To the visitor next door

Hi,

We haven't really met. We have exchanged nods while I was shoveling when you went in a few weeks ago but that is about it. I don't know your name, I don't know your age, I don't know your situation. But the little I have witnessed and believe to work out about you might not make you happy, who knows I could be wrong you might enjoy any attention. 

Let me start by saying I understand that you are young, I've been there and honestly I'm not that old. But there are a few things that you are doing that have a major impact that you don't seem to know or care. 

You come to pick up the young lady who lives there you don't seem to care enough to go to the door. Instead you barmp your horn 10 times quickly. 

Today, as most days, this was at the beginning of nap time. Being young, you probably don't realize how much this throws my little girls waking them just after settling down. 

But let’s forget them for the moment; let’s just talk about how to be a kind person. Treating someone kindly, I doubt you'd like having someone blear a horn 10 times at you. 

Go to the door and knock, ring the bell I don't care. Just go to the door. That shows that you care for her, as a friend or boyfriend I don't know. But it shows you care. It’s an act of decency, and will do a lot for your future relationships.

I have noticed before that you don't seem to care about others, or how your actions can cause severe repercussions. Barrelling out of the un-shovelled driveway missing hitting the man across the street by less than a foot and then speeding off is so dangerous. Stop to think about your actions. If you hit that person what would have happened would have stayed with you forever. And you are young, so forever is a very very long time. 

Think about the fact that on my side I have two two year olds who do still need to nap, and the other side has young kids too. 

Because today I will be thinking of your actions with every screaming fit, and sobbing fest. When Gwen starts falling over and Avery hitting her head on the floor because they are so tired and they couldn't get to sleep for as long as they need to.

I know you will never read this, but I know that someone who is young might and then think again about their actions. I hope you will think about your actions and I truly wish you the best. 



1 comment:

Jacana28 said...

Well said! I almost killed the person who rang my doorbell this afternoon and woke up my 2 year old from her nap!